torsdag 27. mars 2008

Glands and apartements.


Busy, busy, busy!

Yesterday I moved allmost all my stuff over to Ayan's place. It's time consuming to move around. Finding a place, pack all your stuff, drive it over to the new place, carry it to the new flat (which is, of course, in 4th floor, in a building without elevator), trying to find a free space on the floor.. Go for a new box. At the same time, two persons are moving out from the same flat. That means; their stuff is packed in boxes stacked all over the place, making it even more difficult and messy.

So this is what I spent my entire day (after school) on, yesterday. And I'm going to spend even more time on it today.. But there was a problem. I had to prepeare for slide-test in histology too.. The test has just been finished. I went to the lab without proper preparation, wondering if this was the day I would fail big time.. I didn't care to read to much during the class eihter (while waiting for my turn to be tested). I just went up and grabbed my slide, hoped it was from the gastrointestinal trakt or liver, and started microscoping it.

I couldn't recognice the slide. Or.. it looked like a gland. Pinkish lump of cells. I had to try to find out which glands it couldn't be. I found out that it wasn't pituitary gland, because there wasn't two distinguable lobes. Pancreas got Islet of Langerhans, the preparate didn't. Thyroid gland got big ponds of colloid surrounded by the glandular cells, there was no colloid. And adrenal gland got cortex with 3 distinct layers, and a medulla resembling early nervous tissue. The cells looked quite evenly distributed through the slide, so I decided it had to be a parathyroid gland, producing parathormone. Then my preparation time was up, and I had to start tellin my professor about the slide. Just in the same second I looked on the slide in the other microscope (the one used during the actual test), I recogniced two distinct layers. It was cortex and medulla of adrenal gland.. I wasn't prepared to answer questions about it.

Anyway. I somehow made to answer the questions of my professor in a way that made her quite satisfied.. I got a 1 minus (exellent minus). Sometimes it's just pure luck!

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Heldig for deg!
M

Anonym sa...

I think this might be the blog of a medical student. :D

I didn't understand much of that post, no.