tirsdag 11. mars 2008

Flu, yeast and paramecium.

I hate having the flu. Coughing, sneezing, fever, head ache, sore throat, runny nose.. And the school continues with all the tests, lectures and practicals. I just have to scare myself up from the bed and hope that I might will survive the day (I have done it so far). Today, 5-6 of my classmates, our professor and I had the same problem. Unwanted viruses visiting our bodies. It didn't help much that the very same professor sent one of our "good" classmates home with the flu last week. He managed to infect us all. Thanks a lot!!!

Thus, this have, so far, been a very boring week. I hope to get better soon. Hopefully during this afternoon, please. I need to read. Typically me! Ahhhrg!

I murdered a whole colony of innocent creatures today. The where living happily in a tiny drop of water, feasting on some yeast cells.. And I killed them, coldblooded. I think my biologyprofessor liked my actions against them. The creatures is called paramecium, and look like shoes. They are one-celled organisms with cilia. And the cilias was the objectives of today laboratory class in biology. The killing is a sideeffect; paramecium doesn't survive for long if they are exposured to light, which is an important feature of the light microscope. As our dear professor presentet it; objectives today is to study the paramecium's cilia. An extra entertaniment bonus is that you're gonna see organisms die in real time, without risking any punishment. This is not something you kan do later on in your studies; not with lab animals, and of course not with patients! Of course, you will se people die, but not because you killed them, and not as an entertainment bonus..

I kind of like our professor...

Ingen kommentarer: