tirsdag 14. september 2010

A not so ordinary day

For most people, has this day been a quite ordinary tuesday. For me, a bit more special. Lets start with midnight. Nothing special happend then, exept that my unordinary day started. At one o'clock things kind of changed. My nephew was born. A huge boy came to this strange world, and my father was of course the first one to tell the whole world (why wait for the happy newmade dad/my brother to send the message??

Then I tried to sleep for a while, but couldn't. That's what happends when someone calls for my attention after bedtime. At four I allmost falled a sleep, but then my father had to message me again. Since my brother had sent a small video of the newborn wonder, and my father just have got himself a brand new iPhone (damn it, electronic revolution!!!), all the new information had to be spread before breakfast time. My father is in desperate need of a 6 months course in do's and dont's of social medias.

At 10.40 (about 3 hours late during my plans) I woke up. By a phonecall. It was my ergo therapist who wanted an appointment for a chair adjustment. All together a very nice talk and fine way to wake up..

The plans for today was to do som labs at uni, but on my way to the lab, I saw a unconscious person lying on the pavement at the bus stop down the street. A small group of people had gathered 3-4 meters away from the lady, and they sad they'd called for an ambulance. But nobody did actually sit beside the lady, checking up her pulse, breathing and level of consciousness. When I sat down I saw she had an epileptic seizure. I monitored her and tried to get in contact with her, while waiting for the professionals. Luckily the ambulance personel did come in a few minutes, and it seemed that they knew the patient.

Then I did the coagulation lab. Sadly, the blood serum for our group was of bad quality, it had allready coagulated before the tests, so all our results was eigher biased or negative. Not funny. I have no more to do today, exept for studying/reading, but I'm way to tired to do so. I'll restart tomorrow.

Well, that's my not so ordinary day.

1 kommentar:

u sa...

You're right, that sounds like a not so ordinary day. :O

Weird that people were standing 3-4 meters away from the lady. I think that's quite a common behavior in that kind of situation, unfortunately. Good for her that a doctor-to-be happened to pass by! :)