søndag 12. september 2010

Big plans!

I love projects. This summer I started several new ones. First of all I hopefully managed to secure myself summer jobs at the local hospital for the rest of my study time. (I also worked at the local eldery home, but it was a bit hard for my back.. But at least I got to know a handfull of very nice coworkers there.)

Second, I bought myself a bunad, the national costume in Norway. Why a project? Well: I have to stitch it together myself. And I promise you, that's a long lasting project! Hopefully, I will be finished to the next constitution day in may 17th, 2011.. Maybe!

I'm of course knitting a lot of baby clothes (no, having a baby is not one of my projects this year..), both my brother with family and a very good friend of me is expecting a baby during this academic year.

Then I started a new round of medical examinations after the head and back trauma I got in czech republic two years ago. This time I got some more results and some clear advise this time. I've started more directed physical therapy and will probably start on some medications who will help me controlling my days and study ability. I have to stay in hospital for a week or three in short time, the insurance company need some more data on my health after the traffic accident, now when the two year limit for determinding long term damage is reached.

Fifth, I and a class mate has been talking about a journey during this winter. Maybe only for a weekend, but as my sister stated last year "de e turan som telle!".

And the last one. I'm still the head of ANSA Sweden (Association of Norwegian Students Abroad). That means that I have to travel around Sweden and meet some of the members here, and arrange some social events.

And, of course, there are allways other grand plans. I think I'm better and more like my old me, even if I still have my ups and downs.

3 kommentarer:

u sa...

A journey during the winter sounds nice, seeing new places, meeting new people. But what does that phrase in Norwegian mean? :D

And really nice to see a new blog entry, I've been waiting the whole summer!

Astrid sa...

"De e turan som telle" means "The is the journeys who counts", quantity is more important than the quality.. :)

u sa...

That is often true. Going away for a weekend is better than not going away at all, staying at a cheap hostel for five nights is probably more fun than staying at a fancy hotel for one night, etc.