søndag 7. september 2008

Leaving on a Jetplane

Today I finished my last essay in elective histology. I just miss one small illustrastion, then I can deliver it to the department of histology. I hope the companies I contacted before the weekend will answer my request soon. I need transportation of my stuff from Czech republic to Norway as soon as possible.

It's strange that I'm leaving now. I haven't ordered my flight tickets yet, I don't know when I can leave. A friend of mine asked me yesterday: do you believe you have a guardian angel? I didn't really know what to answer. I call myself an atheist, but sometimes I start wondering. Just now it feels like I never was supposed to study here in the Czech Republic. I'll see next year, when I return for my finals in histology and anatomy, and I once again apply for the medical study in Tromsø. But I will also send applications to the university of Linköping, Sweden, and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. And maybe some other universities in both Sweden and Denmark.

So what to do, while waiting? I might go hunting. Visiting old friends. I was invited to a release concert in november, that's booked for sure. Then, of course, I got the trial against the driver. I contacted the Norwegian Ambassady in Prague yesterday. I hope they will assist me during the trial, even I got my own lawyer and norwegian speaking translator. I'm not a part in the trial, it's the driver against the state. I'm "just" a vitness. I will be granted a sum of money for the damage done to me. Then my insurance company will pay me for the tution fee lost. The drivers insurance company will pay for the loan loss due tho the accident. It's gonna be quite expensive, both economical and for me personal.

But still.. I'm very happy that I survived.

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I hope everything works out for you and that you'll have a nice and calm autumn in Norway.

Anonym sa...

Beautiful in your blogg. more beautiful you.

Anonym sa...

i ll send some good vibes from the high north, and hope that what you want will eventually come true..just remember the impossible takes a little longer, and i have faith in you and that you will eventually make it..i know you will, in spite of the damage that was made to your head..but it will take more time..thats all..and as you said: you did survive..against the odds that is ;) so even if both you and i are non-believers, sometimes there seems like there is more to life than we know

Anonym sa...

Jag är också glad att du klara dig :)