fredag 18. januar 2008

Good and bad things about Czech republic.


There is some bad things about living in Czech republic. The language I have to learn is one thing (did I mention 7 different cases? Conjungation of czech verbs? It's driving me crazy). The lack of smoking laws is an another. Traffic is killing dangerous. A friend of me have had contact of first degree with local heroes; he's stitched and bruised in his face now.. And a new weekend is just coming up..
Racism is also quite normal here. Luckily, I'm white, but most of my classmates are not. We try to stay out of the hard core czech bars and night clubs. Equality of opportunity and treatment is not allways evident here.
And then we have the fact that.. ehhhm... To quote my favourite songwriter "Mannen bredvid stinker svett"..

I have to read, read, panic-read, read some more, discuss medical subjects with my classmates, read some more, sleep, read, eat, panic-read.. Yeah, that's it!

But.. of course. There is some good things about living in Czech republic. As you can see of my refrigator today. Total cost: 299 Kc, including 3 rolls, milk and butter...

9 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Look´s like a perfect world you are living in! ;-) Have to comment your english, I´m quite impressed! It seem´s that you manage your studies very well and I think Silje is looking forward to get a new colleague;-) See you soon, -Lasse

Astrid sa...

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to a nice, 3 week long vacation at home!

Anonym sa...

Hi sorrow,you´ve a perfect blog, i´m just looking forward to ur new posts, i´d be especially curious about ur comments on the life in Hradec... I hope u´ll come to like the czech rep and the life here, and find more good things than just beer.Does that sentence in swedish mean that people stink here??? And how are czech people?

Anonym sa...

btw ive forgotten to introduce myself, im a german studying medicine in praha, second year

Astrid sa...

Paolette!

Thanks!
There are some.. eh.. yes.. smelly people here in HK. But, of course, there is a lot of VERY nice things about czech republic! This post was written on a not so good day. And my parents asked me to delete it. I´ve just translated it a bit, to hide. Most czech people are nice and polite. I´ll write more about it later, hopefully.

Anonym sa...

it is nice and feels like spring allready..no snow, and only the winds bothering us now. even the rainy weather is somewhat nice, it rains downwards;)
good wine with good friend in a nice place yesterday..and it was almost no smoke there, so i was so happy..so there are nice things in the republic as well, we must just let it in. c u back soon

philippines sa...

people in Czech mostly are smart beautiful inside and outside,kind, polite I'm talking about the majority..and the place is really nice.try to visit it and you will surely love it.

Ruffen sa...

I've lived (and allmost died) in CZ, I stayed for 8 months before I was
hit by a car and allmost killed. I now live in Sweden, still studying
medicine, but I'm allmost ready now.

Ruffen sa...

I've lived in CZ, I stayed for 8 months before I was
hit by a car and allmost killed. I now live in Sweden, still studying
medicine, I'll start my final year this autumn. //Sorrow