mandag 28. april 2008

When everything changes

I've had a quite bittersweet experience. A traffic accident. So why bitterSWEET?

Well, bitter is obvious. I might have to terminate my studies, but I really hope to get back to school soon, and that I'm able to save all my effort the last year. My spine is broken. Luckily "only" a compression fracture of L1 and L2, and I'm all ready able to walk a bit around. I need to walk a lot. I got "contusio cerebri" (does it gives extra points to my latin credit/exam if I actually got the exact favourite diagnosis of our latin teacher?). And then I got som bruises and a wound, and possibly a damage to my left ear.

So why sweet? Lifte has altered it's meaning. And all my friends and classmates have shown me the best of them. I got a new perspective.

Life can be fragile. So easy to wipe away. My first steps after the accident was magic. It was kind of painful, but still fantastic. And then they all started to show up. Classmates. Norwegian students. Friends. People I've met but not necessary spoken that much with before. There has been people from allmost every continent, every study year and of different believes.

You have brought me flowers, chocolates, breadrolls, juice, water, magazines, dinner, greetings.. everything! But the most important; you have all brought me strength and best wishes. And I know you all care. And that have left a deep impression on me. I really love you all, guys!

And I have learned that to lay down on a plastic bed, total naked, and then being washed by a czech nurse who doesn't speak a word english actually is close to heaven. It's just a question about circumstances...

Thanks Silje Cam.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Get well soon!
Nice to hear that you have people around you who care.

Anonym sa...

hope u get well soon astrid..
we are waiting for here.

wanie..HK