onsdag 20. februar 2008

Mental capasity.

Half way through lecture week. Subjects so far: Anatomy, histology and first aid. Latter one is a new subject, but I think I'll get my credit allready on friday. And then we will have biology later on. I have started to read, I don't have to do it, but there is no other things to do. My classmates are 1: still home, 2: reading for retakes of their credits/exams, 3: Busy with other things.. I'm a bit bored.

But I've realized something important. As a full-time medical student, my mental capasity is streached to its absolute maximum. My mind is allways busy with medicine. Which part of the cadaver do I wanna dissect? Is my hepatitis vaccination ok? What should I read for tomorrows lesson? How big in micrometers are the slits between the pedicles covering the nephrones again? Where is the nearest coffemachine? I forget my keys, pencase, notebooks, labcoat, appointments etc.. A sheet of paper is controlling my life. It's called a schedule. My thoughts are only about this colorful sheet.

My sence of humor is morbid. High five! I can't talk about much more than gossips and subjects. This might be the reason why med & odont students are believed to be very.. eh.. special people.. We eat tuna baguettes and discuss the latest dissection at the same time. It's natural for us..? This tendency is strengthen by the fact that all international students here more or less is on the same mental level, we are all med & odont, there is just a few international pharmacology-students here in addition.

As I started to write in this post.. It's the end of the 3rd day in lecture week and semester. Only 3-4 months to go...! Yappy! I have to start reading. A lot. I started on monday. And will continue tomorrow. And then I hope I manage to keep the spirit up until I move in with Ayan. I need to see a real person every now and then, also in the afternoon. Luckily, I got good friends here in Hradec!

--
Edit: Found a old photo (1 year old) with my.. not so nice-but-cool hair color. The rest of it is just been removed!

Ingen kommentarer: