mandag 16. juni 2008

Bus


There are some remnants of rigid communistic rules in Czech Republic. The collective transport system is exellent. The frequency of buses is high on daytime, and the price is cheap (14 Kc for a single one-way ticket). The first bus starts up 4 o'clock in the morning, and in the rush there is a new departure every tenth minuit. The last bus finishes at midnight.

So what's rigid about this? Well, acutally. At midnight there is a "Cinderella-transformation" on all buses. The drivers says; "sorry, you have to leave the bus now." It doesn't matter if the bus is just midway in its route. You have to leave the bus, that's just the rule.

The way i found out of this strange rule? I went shopping (the mall is open 24/7) with SiljeCam yesterday. And suddently we decided to go to the cinema (also located in the mall). And it usually takes some time. So we were on our way out 23.50, and, by luck, just in time for the last bus. But the happiness didn't last for more than 10 minuits. And I had to walk the last 2-3 kilometers home with my groseries in the rain. I usually don't mind to walk a bit, but still.. I want to decide myself when and why I should walk..

2 kommentarer:

Jannie Funster sa...

I hope you're having fun over there.

Jannie

Anonym sa...

Nevertheless, you learned something new!!!!