fredag 30. mai 2008

Prosím, vidite, kde je Ulrichovo naměsti?


I was walking in the streets of Hradec Králové a couple of days ago, when a smiling lady approached me. She asked me a question. In czech. "Excuse me, do you know where Ulrichovo sqare is?" There are a lot of people asking me questions for directions here. And I try to answer. They sometimes get very confused after a couple of sentences. I don't speak that much czech yet, and tend to do some quite funny mistakes. But this lady didn't even lift her eyebrow when I started my explanation. I hope she found Ulrichovo sqare. It was blizko (near) anyway.

Yesterday ANSA (Association of Norwegian Students Abroad) HK had the big Pub Quiz final. My team won yesterdays competition, and by that climbed to a 2. place in the cup. Yay! Champagne and big celebration! Go Hissige Rips!

This was anyway my last part of my social life this semester. From now I will only read for credits and finals. And, when speaking of credits and tests.. I had my dissection evaluation today. My professor asked me about the muscles of the neck;
sternocleidomastoid, inferior hyoids (the strap muscles, it's four of them), superior hyoids (four of them too) and scalene muscles. The questioning included innervation of the different muscles (including the mandibular nerve V3, facial nerve VII, C1 following hypoglossal nerve XII, accessory nerve XI and ansa cervicalis C1-C3). I was really nervous before and under the examination, but my professor gave me a 2 (very good). This is the first test I have passed after the accident. I also got the list over what to do to obtain my credit in anatomy. I don't have to redo any minitest, I passed with minimal margin... I just have to do the CNS-test and then go for my final. Both will be done in september.

Czech Republic is at the moment showing off her best side; warm days with lots of sunlight, chilled nights with birds singing. The restaurants have put up their outdoor pavillions and people are smiling a lot. Me too. Only one month left before I take my summer holyday (or should we say reading period at home?). I sometimes love this country.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

WELL DONE DAUGHTER!!
Mum