lørdag 29. mai 2010

Loosing my language

I have a hard time trying to make interresting post on my blog. I love to write, but I have a problem. I feel like I'm loosing the english language. It is because I dont speak english at a everyday basis. That means I can't really My language is now a strange mix of norwegian, swedish, english, latin with some czech words from now and then.

My class sometimes laugh a bit when I answer the questions asked in lectures. Last week my lecturer thought I said "jam" when the answer was "hunger". For the record; the norwegian word for hunger is "sult", whereas the swedish word for jam is "sylt".

Anyway, I'm considering to change language in my blog back to norwegian again. I don't know how many foreign/non-nordic readers I have. I have no idea..!

One week from now I have this term's last final. The subject is "Structure and function of the organs part II". Then I'll travel home and work at the local hospital and the elderly home for the whole summer. Hopefully, I'll go to my mother's birthplace for one week vacation in august and the last week in august will probably be used for some epilepcy tests at Umeå University Hospital.

2 kommentarer:

u sa...

Ha ha, that is actually funny, considering there's a huge difference between "Jag är hungrig" and "Jag är sylt". :D

If you start to write in Norwegian again, does that mean I have to write in Norwegian in my comments too? :/

Astrid sa...

Yes, it was quite funny for the lecturer and the entire class when they found out what I actually meant.

You might answer in any language. Swedish or english. I haven't decided yet whenever to continue with english or not.